Experiments with bark

 Studio life
a peek

each day I am reminded 
how imagination is freed
when confronted with 
difficult objects

Experiment #1
never thought my
experiments with bark
would help me with
my latest project

Experiment #2
yesterday I was notified
that my handmade papers
were selected for exhibition


Experiment #3
wonderful news
however, I had never framed
these works before


Bark collected during my walks
searched morning and night 
for a solution.  
none was suitable for 
the types of papers I created.

alone in my studio with these
new art forms on paper 

clock ticking loudly
12 hours left to deliver 
them today at 3pm.

new forms

unable to sleep I remembered my
experiments with bark.

new forms require new structures,
new molds.  
so devise something new.


tomorrow I will post the first frame
for my handmade papers and pulp
created from recycled junk mail,
newspaper, magazines, and old books.


Comments