Skip to main content

Coco Looks Good, Part II

Coco Looks Good
 *étude for a limited edition artist's book
Coco Looks Good, linocut 24" x 18"
*Thirteen, I was thirteen when I was six I tried to tell the judge, but he didn’t want to hear it.  He didn’t understand ghetto arithmetic and I didn’t understand judicial equations – especially when he gave me four years when I was thirteen. 
Study for Coco Looks Good
Pulling the first proof on a real World Map, July 16, 2014
The doc told me this day was going to come if I didn’t cut back.  “How do you get $3500 a week anyway?” he asked.  All I could say was “Coco looks good.”

*Excerpt from Coco Looks Good, a song without music
Images and text by Suzanne Coley for limited edition artist's books about life growing up in New York City's Queensbridge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

365 Handmade Books: Painted Songs, Day 363

Materials 1. Etching
2. Linocuts3. Vintage maps4. Pastels5. Acrylic paints6. Pencils7. Vellums
Binding & Cover1. Book boards .0872. Archival adhesives
3. Acrylic mediums4. Linen thread
<

365 Handmade Books: Painted Songs, Day 359

Materials1. Handmade papers (made in Baltimore)2. Linocuts3. Mathematics sheets4. Pastels5. Acrylic paints6. Pencils7. Vellum
8. Vintage maps
Binding & Cover1. Book boards .0872. Archival adhesives
3. Acrylic mediums4. Linen thread

365 Handmade Books: Painted Songs, Day 353

Materials1. Linocuts2. Handmade papers (Made in Baltimore)3. Silkscreens4. Pastels5. Acrylic paints6. Pencils7. Vellum
8. Vintage maps
Binding & Cover1. Book boards .0872. Archival adhesives
3. Acrylic mediums4. Linen thread