A Gift from Amy Adams

The holiday season is always full of wonderful surprises and unexpected gifts.  It feels like yesterday, but actually it was December 2005.
Kathryn, Amy, and me
It was my first art residency at a quaint gallery in Denver, Colorado.  Of all the regular visitors to the studio/gallery, I particularly loved talking to one.  Kathryn was her name and she was a wonderful photographer.  We talked forever about "all things art, design, and aesthetics." (Our special topics were  darkrooms, new technology, and old time photographers such as Edward Weston, Dorothea Lange, Gordon Parks, and Henri Cartier-Bresson.)
The lovely Kathryn with her daughter Amy
One day, we began to talk about films, and I mentioned that my favorite movie was this indie film  Junebug.  And, I began to tell her about this amazing actress, Amy Adams.  The rest is history!
Kathryn, Amy, and Darren
Kathryn is Amy's mom.

On the last day of 2014, I will leave you with some advice Amy Adams gave me, "Work hard, study harder, learn everything you can, give it your all.  Then, put it out there - give it to the Universe.  See what happens . . . "  

Happy 2015 to all!

Comments