Skip to main content

52 Weeks of Linocuts on Textile: Week 1

I have always loved beautifully embroidered fabrics and exquisite textiles, especially handwoven silks, cottons, and wools.  So when I was given exotic handwoven African textiles back in October and asked to make a book from them, it took me a few days to figure out how I was going to tell stories with fabric.  I wrote a few blog posts about my experiences, but did not have time to follow up as much as I intended.

During the next 52 Weeks, I will blog about my experiences of printing on rare and exotic textiles and turning cloth pages into unique story books.

Week 1, Linocut on patchwork

Detail of linocut on patchwork

Patchwork before ironing and printing.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

365 Handmade Books: Painted Songs, Day 363

Materials 1. Etching
2. Linocuts3. Vintage maps4. Pastels5. Acrylic paints6. Pencils7. Vellums
Binding & Cover1. Book boards .0872. Archival adhesives
3. Acrylic mediums4. Linen thread
<

365 Handmade Books: Painted Songs, Day 359

Materials1. Handmade papers (made in Baltimore)2. Linocuts3. Mathematics sheets4. Pastels5. Acrylic paints6. Pencils7. Vellum
8. Vintage maps
Binding & Cover1. Book boards .0872. Archival adhesives
3. Acrylic mediums4. Linen thread

365 Handmade Books: Painted Songs, Day 353

Materials1. Linocuts2. Handmade papers (Made in Baltimore)3. Silkscreens4. Pastels5. Acrylic paints6. Pencils7. Vellum
8. Vintage maps
Binding & Cover1. Book boards .0872. Archival adhesives
3. Acrylic mediums4. Linen thread