Berlin, Germany

Emotions through an Electron Microscope

As I document and post my year long project, 365 Handmade Books, I want to take a moment to thank the wonderful female scientists in Germany who inspired and encouraged my endeavors.
Fraulein with her suitcase and bulldog
When I first told them what I had in mind, they said, "You are going to work 12 hours a day on weekends too?  For a year?  Each book is going to be different?  How many pages?"
World Time Clock, Alexanderplatz
Constructed in 1969, it has a revolving cylinder with the world's 24 time zones.
When I told them about the images and stories I've been carrying around for so many years, they responded,  "Okay, what can we do to help?"
The shy artist in Berlin: Sitting, Observing, Recording.
My first question to them was "May I follow you around and see how scientists conduct experiments? I want to approach my project like a scientist.   I want to see emotions through an electron microscope . . . "

Comments