OOKS

A box of Ooks please.

A box of Ooks.  
When I was director of a 
New York City art program
I would "serve Ooks" at 
art functions instead
of chocolates.  
Each Ook is 2.5"(h) x 15"(w) opened.
I would open a box of Ooks
and instruct everyone
to take one and pass it on.

Everyone enjoyed receiving 
a one-of-a kind book.
Each Ook is 2.5"(h) x 2"(w) closed.  
Layered with imagery
and meaning, the accordion
structure of the Ooks allows for
the creation of 
interesting designs on the
 front and back. 
Ooks: Texturized covers
I decided to create Ooks 
from all the leftover
 scrap papers whenever
I was commissioned 
to make a
Life Book or livre d'artiste.


Ooks are tiny visual narratives
that allow the reader to 
detail page
play with the engaging 
accordion structured 
visual poetry.

Ooks!
Wonderful gifts.

Comments