Skip to main content

Handmade books, boxes and booXes

I finally finished the 
design templates for
 BooXes
and the little books and 
handmade papers that go inside.

The little red book, Truth 7 that goes inside Ghost Whisperer booX.

Detail image of little red book, Truth 7
I still need to work out a few more details,
but for the most part, I was able to achieve
the rounded book structures I set out to create.

I found traditional binder's board and 
hardboard the best
materials for my 3D book structures.
They were easy to carve and I 
could add a lot of paints and textures
without compromising their shapes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

365 Handmade Books: Painted Songs, Day 363

Materials  1. Etching
2. Linocuts 3. Vintage maps 4. Pastels 5. Acrylic paints 6. Pencils 7. Vellums
Binding & Cover 1. Book boards .087 2. Archival adhesives
3. Acrylic mediums 4. Linen thread
<

365 Handmade Books: Painted Songs, Day 359

Materials 1. Handmade papers (made in Baltimore) 2. Linocuts 3. Mathematics sheets 4. Pastels 5. Acrylic paints 6. Pencils 7. Vellum
8. Vintage maps
Binding & Cover 1. Book boards .087 2. Archival adhesives
3. Acrylic mediums 4. Linen thread

Walking through Clouds

I have been taking morning walks in tranquil Maryland meadows.  
There is nothing more grounding than walking through clouds.