Nuns Who Create, Part II

Labor day weekend has always been
my favorite time of the year.  Even though
I have been out of school for years, the first
Monday in September fills me with 
hope and expectation. Being open to 
life and learning new things.

A few years ago I came across these classroom
rules created by Sister Mary Corita,
Art Department Director 
at LA's Immaculate Heart College.
10 Rules for Students and Teachers by Sister Corita

I really like the way Sister Corita encouraged her students
to focus on the creative process over the final product.

It seems that each month, one of her rules stands out.
For example, when I was making paper, Rule 4 was
great: Consider everything an experiment.

Right now, Rule 8 stands out:
Don't try to create and analyse at the same time.  
They're different processes.




Comments