Letter from a tough, tough cookie

Letter from a tough, tough cookie
étude for a limited edition handcrafted book

Me - I'm a fearless woman.  I'm a tough, tough cookie.  I've been through more scrapes than I would care to count.
linocut
Linocut on newspaper, "I'm a tough, tough cookie" by Suzanne Coley
Now, I'm not gonna be walking through these woods.  Not 'cause I'm scared, I'm just prudent.  I just don't do squirrels.  You just never know what they are up to.  
Letter from a tough, tough cookie

I don't do narrow roads.  I've got to have my escape routes.  I'm a tough cookie, I've been through so many scrapes, exits are the first things I look for when I enter.
Linocut on newspaper with text
That's not fear, that's just experience.  Yeah, I wouldn't drive down this road.  That's just too narrow for me at this point in time.
Not that I'm afraid, mind you.  Nothing makes me afraid.  I'm a tough, tough cookie.

*Part of upcoming artist's books about growing up in New York City in the 1980s.
Text and imagery from Letter from a tough, tough cookie ©2011 Suzanne Coley

Comments