3 Mathematicians + 1 Visual Artist = Drama

linocut inspired by mathematics, Suzanne Coley
Over the past three weeks, I have worked with 3 mathematicians from Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, and Russia on the Generous Company theatrical production of The Beholder's Share.  I engaged the mathematicians in a few art projects at my studio in Baltimore.

Each mathematician has a doctorate in a different type of math, therefore I had each write a few mathematical problems (from their fields of expertise) on my drawings and designs.  The results were very complex and layered.

As a visual artist from Brooklyn with a master's in humanities (classical literature and philosophy) I felt a little intimidated by their brilliance.  (They said the same about working with a visual artist!)

http://thebeholdersshare.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/shadows-disguised-as-flesh/

Comments