Handmade Postcards

Happy Holidays!
handmade Christmas postcard with vintage Christmas postage stamps and gold leaf, 2014
This season, I allowed vintage postage stamps to guide the construction and design of my handmade cards. 
handmade Christmas card by Suzanne Coley
I began making postcards with this gold postage stamp from New Zealand.  The moment I saw it, I felt inspired!  I took some gold leaf and began to cover blank spaces.  Then I added some purple handmade paper. 
handmade postcard with vintage postage stamps and gold leaf
I found three pieces of this tiny metallic marbled paper and made butterflies out of them.
I painted some of the cards before adding more gold leaf.
The blue in these vintage postage stamps were inspiration for the design of these cards.
The cancellation marks on these 15c USA Christmas stamps inspired the overall design.
May your light shine bright this Holiday Season!

Comments

Unknown said…
It's really wonderful Card. Thank you so much for sharing
Burundi Pincode
Unknown said…
Thank you so much for this wonderful information .This is really important for me .I am searching this kind of information from a long time and finally got it.
burhanpur pincodes