365 Handmade Books: Painted Songs, Day 190


One of the things I enjoyed most about making 365 hand crafted books was creating original textured covers.
Original handmade covers and books by Suzanne Coley
My goal was to create textures that were durable, archival, and reflected light differently from various angles.  In addition to that, the textures had to be interesting to the touch.  
mixed media hand crafted books
When opened, the books offered visual and poetic storylines that became more intriguing and 
linocut, painting, silkscreen - Book 190
dynamic as the months went on -- like an opera being played out in your hands.

Comments

Unknown said…
I really adore your bronze color use for the books! I also really like how the style of the books try to portray a pyramid look which makes it even more fantastic to look at. I admire your work and I hope you keep wowing me with more posts like this! Thank you for showing your uniqueness!