365 Handcrafted Books: Psychology of Paint, Day 234

"First you jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down."  Ray Bradbury, author of one of my favorite books, Fahrenheit 451

Original handcrafted book by Suzanne Coley
Book 234

By August, I found myself on the edge of a cliff much larger than I had ever imagined.  A creative cliff: 365 books in 365 days.  Standing with my bag of books, I knew I had to jump.   No paved roads.  No turning around.  I looked ahead with thoughts of Ray Bradbury's words.  I took a deep breath and jumped, growing feathers, page by page.   

Materials
1. Vintage road maps
2. Antique music sheets
3. Silkscreens
4. Charbonnel Inks
5. Gouache
6. Acrylic paints
7. Linocuts

Binding & Cover
1. Book boards .087
2. Archival adhesives
3. Acrylic mediums
4. Linen thread

Techniques
1. Illustrations
2. Mixed Media
3. Linocuts
4. Silkscreens

Text
Orthogonal Glamour

Comments