52 Weeks of Printmaking on Textile: Week 23

Another week, another book, another meeting.  Here's a sneak peek:

The best part of the week was leaving the studio and going to the National Museum of African Art.  Right next to the museum is the majestic Castle.  Completed in 1855, this national historic landmark (since 1965) was designed by James Renwick, Jr., who also designed St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City.
Today I discussed some of the design choices with the African art history scholars.  Question: Did I create sketches before sewing?  My answer: In the beginning, but not now.  I have a better understanding of the textiles, their strengths and limitations.
Today's research consisted of reviewing maps of Africa.


I finished one of covers when I returned this evening.
Title page: Still beading . . . 

Comments