52 Weeks of Printmaking on Textile: Week 28

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

This has been my mantra for the past two weeks.  It began when my original Exodus carving (and design) didn't work out.   It wasn't the first time I had to destroy my work, however it was the first time I had to destroy work without a backup.  
This whole project has been the most delicate and fragile project I have ever undertaken.  At any time, the whole project can be destroyed, and at times, this is exhilarating.  At other times, it is very scary.
I had some linoleum left over (from the large roll I began this project with) and I was able to create an entirely new cover for Exodus.   The new image looks much better than the original, and  if I didn't try, try again, I would have never created it.

Comments