Book Arts:

What is it?
Do you know any book artists?
 
To celebrate my love and passion for creating unique handmade books with you, during the month of February I will leave a handmade book at a local public library.  You find it, you keep it.

Today I am leaving a book at Towson Library in the Teen Section.
I remember the first time my grandmother allowed me to touch one of her beautifully textured and layered artist's books.  She often used textiles and mixed media fiber art to make her books.
Hers were scented with herbs stuck between the pages.  As I turned each page, the experience was multisensory.  

During her time, these beauties were not considered art, but were "evidence of existence" and "bound memories."

*Follow me on Instagram, to find out where the next books will be left.

Comments