100 Days of COVID-19, Day 6

My Art in a Time of a Pandemic

When birds sing and church bells ring . . .
Each day I create a circle in a square as a reminder of the birds singing, 4/5/2020
For the past week I've been waking up to birds singing outside my window.  Sweet, heart piercing tunes that take my mind off the shortage of masks, gloves, and gowns for front-line workers.  The need for more ventilators for the increasing number of critically ill.
Wind Songs #4, by Suzanne Coley
Songs with no words that speak to my soul, reminding me of the closed churches, closed schools, closed funeral homes.  The death of loved ones and how families cannot properly bury their bodies.  Cities can barely house them till they reach their final resting places.  And, if there is a funeral or resting place, no more than 10 people can attend.  Family must watch on video or through FB.
Wind Song #3 by Suzanne Coley
The birds sing each morning, giving me concerts as if I have special seats at the Met Opera or La Scala.  I wish I could give these birds a standing ovation, let them know I hear them.  Let them know I understand nature.
Wind Song #10 by Suzanne Coley
These birds must have been singing every morning outside my window, but I was too busy with life to pay attention.

Coronavirus Disease 2019: Update in Maryland- 4/5/2020
3,609 confirmed cases
68 deaths

Update in New York State - 4/5/2020
122,596 confirmed cases
4,159 deaths

Comments