100 Days of COVID-19, Day 9

My Art in the Time of a Pandemic


The Library is Closed
Temporal Lines by Suzanne Coley
In Maryland, the coronavirus was moving quickly and on March 12 at 4pm, Governor Hogan issued an Executive Order prohibiting public access to State buildings.  Libraries were closed the next day.  If you borrowed any books or videos from the library, their due dates were automatically extended and all fines and fees during the closure were waived.

I'm an avid reader and researcher and the closure of libraries has been a little difficult.  I appreciate the free access to e-books and the library's digital resources, but I don't really use them. The Maryland libraries also have a link to the Library of Congress catalog and searching for information on it is a little intimidating.  The other day I was looking for Richard Burton's performance in Hamlet and it gave me Richard Burton's marriages.

With the libraries closed, I've been relying on my personal library.  Right now I'm reading Henry IV, Parts One and Two.  I've read all of Shakespeare's tragedies and comedies, but never had time to read his history plays.  These days we hear so much about the British monarchy, I'm interested in reading what a playwright wrote about the crown.


Coronavirus Disease 2019: Update in Maryland- 4/8/2020
5,529 confirmed cases 
124 deaths        

Update in New York State - 4/8/2020
151,069 confirmed cases
6,268 deaths, including 4,571 in NYC

* Today, Wuhan lifted its lockdown.  

Comments