Books are Magic

Textile Books are Sumptuous

When I began making books using wedding dresses, a community group donated several wedding gowns to me.  I was so touched and grateful for their donation that I promised to make a book using one of the dresses.   
The women in the group are textile historians so I wanted to make a spectacular book for them.  One that was resplendent and sumptuous.  One that when they opened it, they would say aaah and oooh.  They are also expert tailors, so I wanted to make sure that all of my seams and edges were perfect.  The more I thought about how beautiful and technically perfect the book had to be, the longer I waited.  

During the pandemic, the second hand stores where I shop were closed so my husband ordered a few fabric scrap packs from FabScrap.  FabScrap is a company in NYC that recycles unused textiles from top designers such as Marc Jacobs, J. Crew, and Badgley Mischka.  

When I received the box of luxurious fabrics, I immediately knew what I was going to make.  



*Coronavirus Disease 2019:
Update in Maryland- 8/20/2020
102,229 confirmed cases 
3,669 deaths   6,030 recovered

Update in New York State - 8/20/2020
427,803 confirmed cases 
32,861 deaths    74,328 recovered

Total in United States: 5,571,102 confirmed cases, 174,178 deaths
Total Worldwide: 22,538,431 confirmed cases, 790,475 deaths


* All numbers are taken from Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

Comments